Job Title: Labor
Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? We’re a family-owned, heavy civil construction company that self-performs concrete work, underground utilities and roadway/dirt work. We are currently seeking for candidates that characterize themselves as dedicated, honest, hardworking and eager to learn. If this sounds like you, please continue reading. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities and/or qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cut pipes to required lengths as directed.
- Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials as required.
- Identify blue stake colors for safe operation of equipment.
- Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, glue, or gaskets.
- Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
- Lay out pipe routes, following written instructions or blueprints and coordinating layouts with supervisors.
- Perform daily site clean-up.
Minimum 1 years’ experience in underground utility construction projects, or combination of education and experience necessary to meet the job requirements
Demonstrated skills in safe operation of lasers, tamping machines, saws, and other hand or power tools necessary to meet job requirements
Ability to read, understand and work in conformity with work orders, as directed.
Knowledge of street and highway traffic rules and regulations, and safety precautions to be observed in working on or near highways.
Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
Thorough knowledge of safety standards and Underground Facilities Law (Blue Stake, Arizona 811)
We are proud to offer you
- Medical with Telemedicine
- Accident/ Critical Illness
- Employee Assistance Program
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time Pay
- Free Competent Person, Confined Space, First Aid and/or OSHA 10/30 training
- If applicable, company assets to make your day to day tasks easier: company cell phone, tablet, vehicle with gas card.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens.
Salary will be determined after interview.
Updated on: 05/22/2019 8:15 am