The Civil Superintendent manages the day to day operations of the company’s underground utility projects-managing schedules, vendors, subcontractors and personnel. The foreman ensures that the project is completed within timelines and budget, with adherence to the company’s quality and safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create and nurture a cohesive culture to promote a team first philosophy.
· Manage relationships with external parties in a professional manner.
· Communicate on a professional level, both verbally and in writing.
· Establish and monitor operational controls.
· Manage the work of field personnel and providing coaching to enhance work quality and career development.
· Create and communicate information as well as resolve business issues.
· Establish management practices that are considered best practices in the construction industry
· Proactively advise and educate management on all issues that impact operations
· Maintain professional growth and development through school, seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest industry trends.
· Monitor and manage field productions to improve efficiency.
· Assist Mechanic in initial sequencing of equipment maintenance activities.
· Support and provide input to process change and quality improvement initiatives
· Attend management meetings and participate in operation and employee reviews.
· Perform additional duties as directed by Company needs.
§ High school diploma or equivalent
§ Minimum 5 years of experience in heavy civil construction projects, or combination of education and experience necessary to meet the job requirements.
§ OSHA 30, CPR/First Aid certified within 60 Days of Employment
§ Must have current driver’s license and insurable motor vehicle record.
§ Must be able to pass random drug screens per company policy
§ When supervising workers engaged in several company roles, employee is required to be knowledgeable in all activities involved.
§ Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in the construction of buildings, highways and/or roads.
§ Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision plans, drawings and models.
§ Directing the work force under own control, including planning, organizing and redistributing work.
§ Ability to read, understand and work in conformity with work orders, blueprints, construction plans and grade stakes.
§ Knowledge of street and highway traffic rules and regulations, and safety precautions to be observed in working on or near highways.
§ Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
§ Thorough knowledge of safety standards.
§ Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
§ Excellent communication skills.
§ Strong time-management skills and the ability to coordinate several projects at once.
§ Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
§ Strong ability to make logical decisions.
§ Willingness to travel extensively across Arizona to project sites.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel and frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, enter and exit trenches up to 20’ in depth, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This position is very active.
The employee will be required to work in outside weather conditions.
This job description is not intended to cover a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this position. Duties and responsibilities may change at the discretion of management. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the “at-will” nature of employment.